To apply online to add a category to your driving licence
You can now quickly and easily add a category to your driving licence online. No need to complete paper forms, make appointments or visit an NDLS centre in person. All you need is the following:
- A Public Services Card and verified MyGovID.
- Proof of your address dated within the last six months if your current address differs from the one you provided when you applied for your PSC.
- To have successfully passed the driving test in the category you are applying for in the previous 2 years.
- Proof that you are normally resident in Ireland if your place of birth and nationality are outside the EU/EEA.
- Fully completed medical report form dated within one month, if required in your case.
- Completed relevant driver Certificate of Professional Competence (CPC), if required.
- Application fee of €35.00. You can pay by credit or debit card.