New Online Service now Available
Applying for a driving licence or learner permit just got a whole lot easier.
Our new online service caters for all application types, you can apply online for
- first-time learner permit or full licence
- renewing your driving licence or learner permit
- updating personal details
- replacement of a lost/stolen or damaged licence or permit
- exchanging your foreign licence for an Irish licence
Applying online is a simple, straightforward process, no need to book an appointment or attend an NDLS centre. Save time and do it the smart way Apply Online today.
- Already have a verified MyGovID account? Apply Now
- If you haven’t got a verified MyGovID account but have a Public Services Card? You’re almost there. You can set up your verified MyGovID account using your public services card at www.mygovid.ie.
- Don’t yet have a Public Services Card? You can book a Public Service Card (PSC) appointment by phoning your local Intreo office. Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 pandemic online PSC appointments are not available at www.mywelfare.ie
- If you are unable to fully complete your application today, you can save it and return within 20 days to complete.
For further details see our Applying Online FAQ’s here.
Save yourself a trip to an NDLS office and APPLY ONLINE NOW