To apply online for a learner permit when you hold a full licence in another category
You can now quickly and easily apply online for a learner permit when you hold a full licence in another category. No need to complete paper forms, make appointments or visit an NDLS centre in person.
All you need is the following:
- A Public Services Card and verified MyGovID.
- Proof of your address dated within the last six months if your current address differs from the one you provided when you applied for your PSC.
- To have successfully passed the driver theory test in the category you are applying for in the previous 2 years, if theory test cert not previously submitted
- Proof that you are normally resident in Ireland if your place of birth and nationality are outside the EU/EEA.
- Fully completed medical report form dated within the last three months, if required in your case.
- Evidence of certificate of professional competence (CPC), if required
- Your application fee of €35.00. You can pay by credit or debit card, Google Pay or Apple Pay. If you are 70 years and over you are exempt from paying the fee.