To renew your learner permit online
You can apply to renew your learner permit within three months of its expiry date.
You can now quickly and easily renew your learner permit online. No need to complete paper forms, make appointments or visit an NDLS centre in person.
All you need is the following:
- A Public Services Card and verified MyGovID.
- Proof of your address dated within the last six months if your current address differs from the one you provided when you applied for your PSC.
- Proof that you are normally resident in Ireland if your place of birth and nationality are outside the EU/EEA
- Fully completed medical report form dated within one month, if required in your case.
- If applying for a third or subsequent learner permit, you must have taken and failed a driving test in the previous two years or have made an application for a driving test.
- Your application fee of €35.00. You can pay by credit or debit card, Google Pay or Apple Pay. If you are 70 years and over you are exempt from paying the fee.