Apply Online for learner permit or driving licence services, including renewal, updates, exchanges, and replacements.

Applying in Person

You can apply in person at any of the National Driver Licence Service (NDLS) centres nationwide. You must book an appointment to attend an NDLS centre in person. There is no walk-in service available, but you may apply online on our website at NDLS Online. Once processed your licence/permit will be issued to you by post. Alternatively, you can call 0818 919 090 to book an appointment.

If you need a sign language interpreter for your NDLS appointment, please complete this form instead.

You will need to bring IDfee and any other supporting documentation including medical or eyesight report if required. Otherwise, your application will be delayed.

Application forms are no longer required. However, if you wish to make your application in Irish you need to complete an Irish application form. Your photograph and signature will be captured electronically at the NDLS centre.

If you have a Public Services Card (PSC) you can use it instead of the following:

If you do not have a PSC you are required to present documentation at the NDLS Centre to satisfy 1. Photo ID, 2. Evidence of PPSN, 3. Evidence of Address, 4. Evidence of normal residence - see above for a list of acceptable documents for each.

In some cases the same document may satisfy more than one requirement e.g. an Irish/EU passport is adequate as photo ID & proof of residency entitlement; a letter to you from Revenue which shows your PPSN could be used as both proof of your address & proof of your PPSN.