Letter of Entitlement/ Driver statement
A letter of entitlement or driver statement refers to a copy of a driver record with details of name, address, date of birth, driver number, date of expiry of licence and class of licence to include details of what that class refers to;
A Letter of entitlement is required by NDLS when:
- The foreign licence presented in NDLS is expired
- The foreign licence is lost, stolen or damaged.
- One or more categories on the foreign licence does not have a start date.
A letter of entitlement must be an original. A faxed, scanned or email copy is not acceptable. It can take a customer some time to receive original documents which can delay applications
How to obtain a Driver Statement/ Letter of entitlement
- The individual themselves can request a drivers statement (letter of entitlement) to be sent out to them by phoning 0761087880 or email [email protected] (If emailing please do not give bank details in the email). Information regarding a driver will not be sent to a third party.
- The fee for a driver statement is €15.